Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I won't complain anymore.




Ok, I will stop complaining (to myself) when my friends don't blog every day. :)

I would like to say that I've just been so busy that blogging has been the very last thing on my mind, but that wouldn't be the whole truth. Honestly, I am just lazy. Most of the time when I get home from work and working out, all I want to do is veg out on the couch or in my bed. So, as a consequence of my laziness, I haven't posted a blog in about a month and a half. Oh well, here I am now. :)

So, a lot has happened in the past month and a half. Just to make it easy:
1. My wonderful dog Sassy died a few weeks ago
I am not sure of what happened to her. All I know is that I came home from work on Friday, July 17, and she was not alive. I miss that sweet dog so much.
2. Wendy and the kids moved to Virginia last week

Dalen, my wonderful brother in law, is in the Navy. He was given orders back in February to move to Norfolk, Virginia. Wendy and the kids didn't move until last week as their townhouse was not ready until then. I miss them so so much!
3. I have lost a total of 20 pounds
Since February, I have really been trying to watch what I eat and work out on a regular basis. I am proud to say that my hard work and effort have finally started to pay off. Of course, I still have another 75 pounds or so to go, but 20 is a good start, huh?!

4. I just finished a week of vacation
Last week I took a much needed vacation. I spent time with the boys, relaxed, cleaned, spent time with friends and worked. Most of the week, though, I did absolutely nothing. It was nice to enjoy some to quality "me" time.
5. Matt & Noah start 1st grade in a few weeks
Yes, my little boys start to 1st grade in just a few short weeks. I cannot believe it. It seems like just days ago I was bringing them home from the hospital. Now, they're going into 1st grade! I am so very proud of them. They are some of the sweetest, smartest, kindest and most caring boys that I know. They would make any parent proud. :) They have their mama's heart. Always have and always will.

Just as a side note to #5. At the end of June, my parents took a little trip to Niagara Falls. That weekend I went to Conway to spend time with the boys. On Saturday Matt and I went on a date to McDonalds for lunch. After we received our food, we sat down at a booth and I put Matt's Happy Meal and drink on his side of the table so that he would be sitting across from me...That sweet boy got under the table and got on the same bench/seat as me. It was so adorable-the whole time he had his arm around me and he said, "Oh mommy, I just love you so much." How sweet is that?! I know one thing for sure, he is going to make a great husband and father some day. :)

And before you get upset, I didn't forget about my Noah Joseph. That little boy has a heart of gold, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment